Every so often you meet people who instantly impact you.
People that have a quality about them and that you somehow know will succeed in life.
Recently I meet such people and in an instant we became friends.
Early this morning I found myself asking the question, –‘What is it about these people that evoke such a sense of destiny and aliveness?’ Almost immediately the answer came to mind – they possess the secret to real success.
What is this secret? In fact is there such a thing? I believe so. Continue reading
What if you were wrong?
Seriously, what if a fundamental premise by which you live was incorrect?
The vast majority of us, I believe, wake in the morning with a basic motivation: – To Get.
- Get happiness in our day
- Get respect from our friends
- Get love from our families
- Get success from our jobs
- Get, Get, Get.
It’s natural isn’t it?
But what if it was wrong…. Continue reading
For the majority of my life I have been busy. Never disinterested, rarely bored but certainly busy.
Only in the last few years have I begun to appreciate and pursue a more simple life. Continue reading
I love golden rules.
They help me focus.
2 weekends ago I had the wonderful joy of seeing my son and his beautiful fiancée get married
In marriage, if there is such a thing as a golden rule I believe this is it . . . Continue reading
‘We never argue.’
That’s what she said and she was serious.
When I met her husband I understood why. He avoided conflict like the plague.
Now on the surface that environment may seem a good thing but to a marriage I reckon it’s toxic. Continue reading
Often the first step to establishing balance is to recognise imbalance.
Signs of imbalance include . . .
- Negative attitudes toward people, self or work
- Lack of energy & motivation
- Getting overly involved in work
- Significant stress, frustration & worry
- Over consumption of caffeine & fast foods
- Reduced physical activity
- Changes in general health
- Lack of fulfilment
Why establish balance in our lives? Continue reading
What happens in tough times? You can lose motivation, get overcome by fear, worry unnecessarily, work too hard, react to those around you, make emotionally based decisions and so on.
Alternatively you can do what a good leader does . . . Continue reading
80% of people don’t care and the other 20% are glad.
That’s what the speaker said will happen when you share your problems. Now I don’t believe that’s completely true and it was said tongue in cheek, but it does highlight a point that relates to money and our image.
That point is: Who Cares!
And yet we can waste a fortune, an absolute fortune trying to keep up with the Joneses. To what degree are you caught in this financial trap? You might be surprised when you take the following test…. Continue reading
‘I can’t hear what you say because who you are speaks so loud.’
I remember the person who first said that to me. Now, more than 25 years on, it still resonates. Why? Because life and especially parenting is more about who we are.
In a nutshell, good parents are good role models. I didn’t say perfect, but if you’re going to be a successful parent you will need these characteristics . . . Continue reading
Life seems to throw constant distractions at me. More than any other practical step, what I am about to share with you has helped me stay focused on what’s important and ultimately achieve what I hold dear in my heart.
It has been the most helpful discipline that I have established. Continue reading